The Seventh Annual Diversity Symposium provides a forum for robust, informed discussions among faculty, staff, and students on issues relating to building and sustaining an inclusive campus community. Each year, this event features a variety of lectures, panels, and workshops focusing on how the Georgia Tech community can support our vision for inclusive excellence.
During the Diversity Symposium, we hear from diverse perspectives that are committed to making Georgia Tech one of the most highly respected technological research universities and a campus with an increasingly inclusive environment. The morning sessions and awards luncheon will cover the impact of demographic disruptions on higher education in the next 25 years, equity in faculty hiring, manifestations of bias in academic communities, and redefining civil rights in the 21st century. The Diversity Champion Awards and Faces of Inclusive Excellence presentations will occur at the luncheon. During the afternoon sessions, faculty, staff, and students will have an opportunity to discuss how to expand our understanding of diversity.
On behalf of the Office of the President and Institute Diversity, we invite all members of our campus community to participate and contribute to the Diversity Symposium discussions as we work together to build “One Georgia Tech,” which values and respects every idea and contribution.
- To create a campus climate and culture where diversity is valued and embraced.
- To increase senior-level leadership engagement with faculty, staff, and students about the importance of diversity to our future aspirations.
- To provide a forum for creative exchange among institutional leadership, faculty, staff, students, and diversity experts as a way to open the lines of continued conversation.
- G.P. “Bud” Peterson, President, Georgia Tech
- Archie Ervin, Vice President of Institute Diversity, Georgia Tech
- Diversity Symposium Committee
To register for the Diversity Symposium morning sessions and awards luncheon and/or afternoon sessions, please click here.